Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!


The plan was to make it to Salt Lake City last night but I ran into a snowstorm. I stayed at the High Desert Inn in Elko Nevada. I had some dinner at a nearby casino and played some video poker. Didn't lose any money so that's a good thing. The next morning I only had about 4 hours of Driving to do. At the halfway point are the Salt Flats in western Utah. I stopped for a bit to check em out. I recommend it to anyone if you are ever in that area. It's like being on the surface of another planet.
So after that I only had a few hours of driving left. I was in a hurry to get to SLC and was speeding just a little bit (84 in a 75). Well I ended up getting pulled over by highway patrol. I handed over the necessary documents and waited and waited. Then the officer opens the back door of his car and brings out the dog. They do a couple laps around the car and then he sends the dog back to his car. He then asks me if I have used marijuana recently or have drugs or weapons in the vehicle. I couldn't believe this was happening. He asked to search the inside of the car. I was somewhat reluctant, but I didn't have anything to hide. After he finished his search he sent me on my way with just a warning to slow down a bit. Kind of a surprise that I got searched but I cooperated and all I got was a warning to slow down. I guess it's better than a speeding ticket.
Staying with my cousin in Utah tonight. We are going to go snowboarding in the morning. Then it will be a race to make it back to Wisconsin by Sunday night. There probably won't be any updates until I get home because I've got a lot of driving to do...

No comments: