Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 2 and 3


I spent all day on Sunday driving. Started just east of Oklahoma City at about 9 am and made it to Phoenix after midnight. It was a Loooong day. Funny thing happened. It was getting to be around sunset and I was just east of Albuquerque. I stopped at a rest stop because the sun was getting low and it was getting hard to see the road. I was hanging out for a while and shot a few photos. As I'm walking back to the car I notice a Honda Element that had Illinois plates. I was putting my camera back into my car and as I turn around and look through the window of the Element I see a surfboard hanging from the interior of the car. The driver was just getting out of his car so I went up to him and asked him, "Are you a lake surfer?" He said, "yes!" Anyways we talked for a while and it turns out he's on his way out to California on a solo trip. He's headed to the Grand Canyon and I'm headed to Phoenix so we exchanged numbers and we will probably meet up in California. Kind of a "needle in the haystack kind of thing". What are the chances of that happening?

So now it's Monday and I am staying with Will and Sheila at their awesome pad. Will and I spent most of the day skateboarding just a few of the dozens of skateparks in the area. We ate a killer lunch at a mexican restaurant, checked out a local skateshop, got hooked up with some gear, and skated some more. I also got to see some of the Volkswagen projects Will has been working on.

Tomorrow is looking like some more skating, photo-taking, and maybe a motorcycle museum. Right now it's time for some dinner!

No comments: