
After rushing to get to LA area on Wednesday I went straight to the beach. LA TRAFFIC IS CRAZY!!! The Pacific Coastal Highway didn't disappoint though as I came out of a tunnel onto the coast. I went to Malibu and found very small waves. I surfed anyways and then drove back through LA to meet up with the family at the hotel.
Thursday morning I left the hotel at 4:50am so I could beat the traffic and get back to the coast. I drove past Huntington and surfed Newport beach further south (very small conditions, but nice peeling waves and warm weather). I like that area, it's a bit more laid back than LA. I did some exploring and got to see "The Wedge". I've seen videos of this wave going off, but today it was about as flat as a lake. I met up with Chris, the previously mentioned lakesurfer that I ran into while driving in the southwest. We ended up getting a late afternoon session in at Newport Beach. No plans of surfing tomorrow, just going to hang out with the family for Christmas. Swell is small right now but should start picking up....Saturday should be fun-sized waves!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment